April 27, 2006

"Yes, I read it in English. Don't you?"


The Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church has only 200 pages.

In the form of "questions and answers" it offers a quick overview of the essential contents of the faith. It includes prayers and short Catholic teaching statements.

There is no excuse for an adult Catholic not to have an adult understanding of the faith.

No excuse!

If you're reading this blog, you can read the Compendium.

If you read this blog, but never get the Compendium, you might end up in hell.

So stop reading this blog!

Get the Compendium!
Click HERE for it.

4 Comments:

Blogger K T Cat said...

Sheesh! If you hadn't been reading blogs and left that funny comment (I laughed out loud) on The Scratching Post, I would never have known about the Compendium. I better hurry up and read it! I only have seven lives left!

Thanks for making me smile.

7:03 PM  
Blogger dilexitprior said...

I've got mine. Now I just have to read it. I sure don't want to risk the alternative of eternal damnation. Perhaps it'd make good reading material for tomorrow. . .

7:50 AM  
Blogger Theocoid said...

You know, the Compendium will make thinkgs easier to distill for others, but I find the CCC's depth to be what makes it value to me. I *like* the fact that it goes into such detail and crossreferences scripture and other doctrinal writings.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Father Stephanos, O.S.B. said...

I agree with you on the value of the CCC itself.

However, for less knowledgeable persons the CCC is overwhelming.

It's much easier to hold adult Catholics accountable for reading the Compendium.

By the way, the adult-level catechism that I have most often recommended to people over the years has been "The Teaching of Christ".

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Click HERE to go back to the front page of this blog.