May 16, 2006

The pope names Bishop Donald Wuerl as new Metropolitan Archbishop of Washington, D.C.



My translation of the Vatican's announcement:
The Holy Father has named as Metropolitan Archbishop of Washington (U.S.A.) His Most Reverend Excellency Monsignor Donald W. Wuerl, up to now the Bishop of Pittsburgh.

I have posted the following comment on other blogs today.

Wuerl is the editor of The Teaching of Christ--a book that accompanied me into the adult awakening of my faith. I discovered it as a freshman in college (1976-1977). I read it once a year throughout college and my first years in the monastery. It is the "spirituality-and-faith-formation" book I have most often recommended to people ever since.
Click HERE for it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ben N. said...

I just remembered that I have that book somewhere at home. I will have to dust it off and read it for the first time.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Father Stephanos, O.S.B. said...

Ben N., you might be interested in the latest edition. It has gone through several. After the CCC came out, the "Teaching" was re-edited to key in with the CCC.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Deo Gratias said...

I'm happy for you and for the Church of Washington ! I remember your post on my blog when you quote this book in those which are important to you !

4:45 PM  
Blogger Father Stephanos, O.S.B. said...

Please pray for Dunstan "deo gratias" who is a French seminarian!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Click HERE to go back to the front page of this blog.