June 19, 2006

The Pink Sisters

That is their well-known nickname.


Their formal name is “Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters”.

The website of one of their monasteries has the following.
We are a cloistered-contemplative missionary Congregation, living in community, whose members are entirely dedicated to the contemplative life in the service of perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. Thus we offer intercessory prayer for the needs of all. The rose color of our habits, which we wear in honor of the Holy Spirit, symbolizes our dedication to the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity. Evangelization and the sanctification of priests are particularly remembered in our life of prayer, which includes the singing of the Liturgy of the Hours (Divine Office) in choir.

Want to read more about them?
Click HERE for it.

3 Comments:

Blogger dilexitprior said...

I can't say that I've ever seen a pink habit before. . . I've heard of them but I didn't realize that they actually wear pink habits. They sounds wonderful though. Thanks be to God for contemplatives praying for us all!

11:16 AM  
Anonymous tony c said...

I've visited their chapel in Philadelphia when I'm in town.

It's open most of the day. You can join them for Mass or the Office too. I believe Cardinal Rigali offers Mass there occasionally. Their convent is close to the Art Museum.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Big Tom said...

I have also visited the Philadelphia convent for morning mass recently. If I'm not mistaken, the monstrance used in Philadelphia (viewable at www.savior.org - that's right, perpetual adoration online) was designed and donated by St Katharine Drexel who also gave the convent the land for their current location (22nd and Green Streets, near the art Museum and St Francis Xavier church, home of the Philadelphia Oratory).

I have to say I also am pleased by the women and men who pray unceasingly for the rest of us!

God bless,

~Tom

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Click HERE to go back to the front page of this blog.