November 09, 2006

Wal-Mart is dumping "Happy Holidays" and is going back to MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I am happy about this news.

However, it is not any store's job to sell their version of Christmas.

Selling Christmas is MY job and the CHURCH'S job.

I do not expect stores to sell Christmas. I go to stores to buy THINGS. I don't go there to buy Christmas.

I go to CHURCH for Christmas.

I don't look for Christmas in stores. Their motive is always MONEY, not GOSPEL.

Anyway, go read about the news.
Click HERE for it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Bob Farrell said...

This looks to me to be a "Cyrus Event". Something happens where the human intent is not Godly, but it's God's work nonetheless.

(and just for the record,I hate Walmart and won't give them any of my business)

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Salome said...

A couple of years ago a fellow professional sent me a Christmas card. Inside was the usual politically correct 'Season's Greetings'. On the front, however, was a picture of a mosaic from the local cathedral depicting the Holy Family's flight into Egypt. I think my colleague got his message across subtly.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

For me, Christmas is remembering the Birth of Christ.
I agree with you that I am not as interested in Walmart's version of Christmas as I am in peoples' right to celebrate it and not have to hide our Christianity with 'Happy Holidays'.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Jack's Shack said...

I was really disappointed to see that walmart gave in and has established a policy that is exclusionary.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Panda Rosa said...

I agree with Bob about God's work, and I ESPECIALLY agree about not shopping at Walmart, I still don't like it!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Click HERE to go back to the front page of this blog.