December 10, 2006

For the Second Sunday of Advent: the Gospel of KABOOM AND WHAM

Bring out the bulldozers, the dynamite, and the steamrollers!
Every valley shall be filled
and every mountain and hill shall be made low.
The winding roads shall be made straight,
and the rough ways made smooth.

Prepare the way of the Lord,
make straight his paths.
All flesh shall see the salvation of God.

We need to do violent work to flatten and straighten the landscape of our lives if we want to be ready for God to rush right in and if we want to see salvation.

Want to read more?
Click HERE for it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous tara said...

Fr., I want to go to Heaven, however, the dynamite and bulldozing is painful! Sometimes, I am discouraged and feel that I can never "measure up." I feel so sinful and am afraid that I am a great dissapointment to God. I keep trying, and I keep failing. The road to Heaven is narrow, and few there are that find it.
The only thing that keeps me bulldozing, is that no matter how horrific my sins, they are but a drop of water in the great ocean of God's mercy--God loves me--so "KABOOM AND WHAM."

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Click HERE to go back to the front page of this blog.