April 07, 2007

My Mass on Easter Sunday, my family potluck, the grocery store, Passover... BUT....

On Easter Sunday here at St. Therese Church I will preside at the 10:30 A.M. Mass.

After Mass, I will go to my sister's house for a family potluck.

As I write this it is 12:20 P.M. on Holy Saturday here.

I just came from the nearby grocery store where I bought some things for tomorrow's potluck.

The store had posters announcing "A Joyous Passover!" and advertising products suitable for the occasion...

... BUT I did not notice any poster announcing "Happy Easter!"

Not fair.

However, it's really no loss.

COMMERCIAL acknowledgment of Easter (or of Christmas or of Passover) is simply COMMERCIAL.

The REAL acknowledgment of Easter and of Christmas is MY job, not the grocery store's.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Click HERE to go back to the front page of this blog.