September 12, 2007

One Monk on Tap

Speaking tonight at McGregor's Grill and Alehouse, in Mission Valley, San Diego. Part of the "Theology on Tap" lecture series that happens from time to time for young adult Catholics. My topic tonight is the Virtues. I'll be commenting on the Catechism's teaching on the virtues.
I. The Human Virtues
The Cardinal Virtues
Prudence
Justice
Fortitude
Temperance
II. The Theologicial Virtues
Faith
Hope
Charity
At McGregor's Grill and Alehouse! May have to say something about the virtue of sobriety, which, by the way, like the virtue of chastity, comes under the cardinal virtue of temperance (also called "moderation").

In coming weeks (once a week) other speakers will discuss:
Theology of the Body
Vocations
Eucharist


4 Comments:

Anonymous Bob Farrell said...

So, how'd it go?

10:51 AM  
Blogger Father Stephanos, O.S.B. said...

I think it went well.

I handed out copies of my shortened version of the Catechism's presentation on the virtues, and I commented on that.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Sorry I couldn't make it. I'll tip one back for the Glory of God tonight in remembrance of the excellent work He is doing through you.
Brad

8:06 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Smith said...

You'd be better off if you stuck with the beer and ditched the theology. All religion does is cause pain.

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Click HERE to go back to the front page of this blog.