October 08, 2007

Using the Word of the Lord to complain TO THE LORD

How long, O Lord?
I cry for help,
but you do not listen!
I cry out to you,
"Violence!"
but you do not intervene.
Why do you let me see ruin?
Why must I look at misery?
Destruction and violence are before me.
There is strife
and clamorous discord.

The Word of the Lord.
That was the first half of the first reading at Mass yesterday. It's from the prophet Habakkuk.

I thought it paradoxical that we got to say at Mass, "Thanks be to God!" after the prophet spoke up for us and complained to God.

I posted a homily.
Click HERE for it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Bob Farrell said...

I think it's really neat that God loves us so much he even loves our temper tantrums.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Click HERE to go back to the front page of this blog.