November 19, 2007

I wonder if my fellow monks would be willing to do it on YouTube

Remember the “Dr. Pepper” song in the commercials?

I’m a Pepper.
He’s a Pepper.
Wouldn’t you like to be a Pepper, too?
Dr. Pepper!
Drink Dr. Pepper!
Dr. Pepper!
Drink Dr. Pepper!


Here’s my Benedictine version.

I’m a Benny.
He’s a Benny.
Wouldn’t you like to be a Benny, too?
Benedictine!
Be a Benedictine!
Benedictine!
Be a Benedictine!


Now ... wasn’t there a dance routine that went with that melody?

It would make for an interesting vocation video. Maybe even go viral.


3 Comments:

Blogger ignorant redneck said...

Perhaps...but perhaps you need a cool beverage and a lie down?

4:21 PM  
Blogger gemoftheocean said...

Oh. My. It is getting close to Thanksgiving, isn't it? One more day, and you guys can kick it on the sofa and watch some football. :-D
[Yeah, right.] Or do you play a little "friendly" game of touch-football Thursday afternoon? I'm guessing "no" but I'm willing to be enlightened.

(Happy thanksgiving)
Karen

2:06 AM  
Blogger Father Stephanos, O.S.B. said...

We might play a game of Catholic Conquistadores versus Congregationalist Pilgrims and Puritans.

When the first Catholics colonized in what is Maryland, they put freedom of religion in place.

Then Congregationalists came, and banned freedom of religion-- Catholicism in particular.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

Click HERE to go back to the front page of this blog.